The mission of the Transplant Forum is to improve the quality of life for organ transplant patients and their families by supporting novel research and clinical care programs at Columbia University Medical Center. Please consider making a gift to advance this important work today. Philanthropy is crucial to our ability to carry out ambitious research, which makes the potential impact of your gift enormous. You can also double the impact of your donation. Many companies have employee charitable gift programs that will match your philanthropic donation. To see if your company has an employee charitable gift program, please click here.
Previous gifts have launched groundbreaking clinical and research initiatives, including:
- A comprehensive biobank dedicated to transplantation tissue that is enhancing basic and clinical research on human immunity and disease
- Research on the immune response to heart pumps implanted as a bridge to transplant
- Development of a combined bone marrow and liver transplantation protocol to induce organ tolerance
- An ex vivo lung perfusion (“lung in a box”) system that sustains donor lungs outside the body, allowing for the enhancement of organs otherwise not viable for transplant
- Research on genome-based approaches to matching kidney transplant patients with donors, reducing the incidence of kidney rejection
- New methods to induce organ tolerance using donor reactive T cells as a biomarker of transplant outcomes
Through our support of these and other scientific and clinical research projects, the Transplant Forum seeks to elevate the standard of transplant care across the field of medicine. We cannot reach this ambitious goal without the support of our friends, donors, doctors, and advocates, so we thank you in advance for your help.