- Professor of Pediatrics (in Medicine) at CUMC
Current Administrative Positions
- Associate Chief, Division of Pediatric Cardiology
- Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Comprehensive Care Center at Columbia University Medical Center/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Director, CTEPH Program at CUMC - NYP
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-4436
This provider sees pediatric patients
Dr. Erika Berman Rosenzweig, Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Center at Columbia University Medical Center/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and the CTEPH Program at CUMC, is considered an international expert in the field of pulmonary hypertension. She has tremendous clinical and research experience in the fields of adult and pediatric pulmonary hypertension. Dr. Rosenzweig is widely published and has devoted remarkable efforts toward clinical research on the study of novel treatments and genetic causes of pulmonary hypertension as well as novel approaches to mechanical support for patients with end-stage pulmonary hypertension. She has been an active member of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) and is currently on the Board of Trustees of the PHA, Immediate past Chair of the Scientific Leadership Council of the PHA, past Chair of the Review Committee for PHCC PH Center Accreditation Program, and past Editor-in Chief of the medical journal Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension. Dr. Rosenzweig was recently appointed to be on the Scientific Board of the World Symposium on PH Association.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Areas of Expertise
- Adolescent Cardiology
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD)
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education and Training
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine CUNY
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
CUMC/NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 Broadway
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-4436
- (212) 305-4436
- (212) 342-1443
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth, Special Needs Plan]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- (212) 305-4436
Selected Recent Presentations
- Pediatric PH Patients: New Guidelines and Differences from Adult Care. PHA International Conference. Orlando Florida, 6/30/18.
- Update from WSPH Pediatric Task Force on the World Symposium on PH. UCSFs 11th International Conference on Neonatal and Childhood Pulmonary Vascular Disease. San Francisco, CA. 4/19/18.
- Application of ECLS is Not the Preferred Bridge to Lung Transplantation for PAH (CON) Debate. ISHLT, Nice, France, 4/12/18.
- Pediatric Task Force Recommendation Presentation, Chair, WSPH, Nice, France 2/28/28
- Treatment of Pediatric PAH, Barcelona Spain, WCPCCS, (Invited Speaker), 7/20/17
- Can We Have at Least one PAH Drug approved in children? CHEST, Toronto, Canada. 10/1/17
- What can we expect to learn from the NHLBI PVDOMICS initiative, CHEST, Toronto, Canada. 10/1/17.
- Is ECMO BTR Feasible for PAH? The role of Medical Optimization. PENN ECMO symposium, Philadelphia, PA. 5/10/18.
- PHA Pediatric Preceptorship Program: A Collaborative Approach for Pediatric Clinicians on the Front Line, Columbia University Medical Center, (Host, Speaker)11/3/17
- Medical Therapies for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Two Decades of Development but still No Medical Cure. Community Lecture, New Jersey, 10/18/17
- Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension: Old and New Treatments. CHOP Pediatric Cardiology Conference. Orlando, Florida. 2/25/17.
Committees / Societies / Memberships
- Scientific Board, World Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 2019
- Chair, Pediatric Task Force, World Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension, 2018
- Immediate past Chair,Ã¯Â¿Â½Scientific Leadership Council, PHA, 2018
- Board of Governance, Faculty Practice Organization - Columbia University Medical Center (re-elected 2018-2021)
- Board of Trustees, Pulmonary Hypertension Association
- Past Chair, Review Committee for PH Accreditation Program, PHA
- Past Editor-in-Chief, Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension
- PH Guideline Writing Committee Member, (CHEST, AHA/ATS, World PH Symposium)
Honors and Awards
- Robyn J. Barst - Physician of the Year, O2 Breath Event -PHA
- Graduate, Faculty Leadership Academy
- Periwinkle Pioneer, 2016
- Herbert Pardes Scholar, Columbia University
- Children's Health Research Center Grant Award, NIH
- Hatch Young Cardiovascular Medicine Training Fellowship Research Grant
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center House-staff Clinical Trials Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- James Felt Memorial Prize for the medical student with the highest overall performance in the four year medical school curriculum
Rosenzweig EB, Ankola A, Krishnan U, Middlesworth W, Bacha E, Bacchetta M. A novel unidirectional-valved shunt approach for end-stage pulmonary arterial hypertension: Early experience in adolescents and adults. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019 Nov 14.
Rosenzweig EB, Gannon WD, Madahar P, Agerstrand C, Abrams D, Liou P, Brodie D, and Bacchetta M. Extracorporeal life support bridge for pulmonary hypertension: A high-volume single-center experience. JHLT, Published online: September 12, 2019, JHLT.
Rosenzweig EB, Abman SH, Adatia I, Beghetti M, Bonnet D, Haworth S, Ivy DD, Berger RMF. Paediatric pulmonary arterial hypertension: updates on definition, classification, diagnostics and management. Eur Respir J. 2019 Jan 24;53(1).
Zhu N, Welch CL, Wang J, Allen PM, Gonzaga-Jauregui C, Ma L, King AK, Krishnan U, Rosenzweig EB, Ivy DD, Austin ED, Hamid R, Pauciulo MW, Lutz KA, Nichols WC, Reid JG, Overton JD, Baras A, Dewey FE, Shen Y, Chung WK. Rare variants in SOX17 are associated with pulmonary arterial hypertension with congenital heart disease. Genome Med. 2018 Jul 20;10(1):56. PMID: 30029678.
- Zhu N, Gonzaga-Jauregui C, Welsh CL, Ma L, Qi H, King AK, Krishnan U, Rosenzweig EB, Ivy DD, Austin ED, Hamid R, Nichols WC, Pauciulo MW, Lutz KA, Sawle A, Reid JG, Overton JD, Baras A, Dewey F, Shen Y, Chung WK. Exome Sequencing in Children with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension demonstrates differences compared with Adults. Circ Genom Prec Med. 2018.
- Chicotka S, Pedroso FE, Agerstrand CL, Rosenzweig EB, Abrams D, Benson T, Layton A, Burkoff D, Brodie D, Bacchetta MD. Increased Opportunity for Lung Transplantation in Interstitial Lung Disease with Pulmonary Hypertension. Ann Thorac Surg 2018.
- Position Paper for the Organization of ECMO for cardiac failure in adults. 2018Abrams D, Garan AR, Abdelbary A, Bacchetta M, Bartlett RH, Beck J, Belohlavek J, Chen YS, Fan E, Ferguson ND, Fowles JA, Fraser J, Gong M, Hassan IF, Hodgson C, Hou X, Hryniewicz K, Ichiba S, Jakobleff WA, Lorusso R, MacLaren G, McGuinness S, Mueller T, Park PK, Peek G, Pellegrino V, Price S, Rosenzweig EB, Sakamoto T, Salazar L, Schmidt M, Slutsky AS, Spaulding C, Takayama H, Takeda K, Vuylsteke A, Combes A, Brodie D; International ECMO Network (ECMONet) and The Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO). Intensive Care Med. 2018 Feb 15.
- Elinoff JM, Agarwal R, Barnett CF,Benza RL, Cuttica MJ, Gharib AM, Gray MP, Hassoun, PM, Hemnes AR, Humbert M, Kolb TM, Lahm T, Leopold JA, Mathai SC, McLaughlin VV, Preston IR, Rosenzweig EB, Sholbin OA, Steen VD, Zamanian RT, Solomon MA.Challenges in Pulmonary Hypertension: Controversies in Treating the Tip of the Iceberg. Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 2018.
- Hemnes AR, Beck GJ, Newman JH, Abidov A, Aldred MA, Barnard J, Berman Rosenzweig E, Borlaug BA, Chung WK, Comhair SAA, Erzurum SC, Frantz RP, Gray MP, Grunig G, Hassoun PM, Hill NS, Horn EM, Hu B, Lempel JK, Maron BA, Mathai SC, Olman MA, Rischard FP, Systrom DM, Tang WHW, Waxman AB, Xiao L, Yuan JX, Leopold JA; PVDOMICS Study Group. PVDOMICS: A Multi-Center Study to Improve Understanding of Pulmonary Vascular Disease Through Phenomics. Circ Res. 2017 Oct 27;121(10):1136-1139.
- Tingo J, Rosenzweig EB, Lobritto S, KrishnanUS. Portopulmonary hypertension in children: a rare but potentially lethal and under-recognized disease. Pulm Circ 2017.
- Salna M, van Boxtel B, Rosenzweig EB, Bacchetta M. Modified Potts Shunt in an Adult with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017 Apr;14(4):607-609.
- Chiu JS, Ma L, Wynn J, Krishnan U, Rosenzweig EB, Aspelund G, Arkovitz M, Warner BW, Lim FY, Mychaliska GB, Azarow K, Cusick RA, Chung DH, Chung WK. Mutations in BMPR2 are not present in patients with pulmonary hypertension associated with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 2017. Pii: S0022-3468(17)30039-8. [epub ahead of print]
- Han B, Copeland CA, Kawano Y, Rosenzweig EB, Austin ED, Shahmirzadi L, Tang S, Raghunathan K, Chung WK, Kenworthy AK. Characterization of a caveolin-1 mutation associated with both pulmonary arterial hypertension and congenital generalized lipodystrophy. Traffic. 2016;17(12):1297-1312.
- Zamanian RT, Levine DJ, Bourge RC, DeSouza SA, Rosenzweig EB, Alnuaimat H, Burger C, Mathai SC, Leedom N, DeAngelis K, Lim A, De Marco T. An Observational Study of Inhaled Treprostinil Respiratory-related safety in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. Pulmonary Circulation, 2016;6(3): 329-37.
- Chicotka S, Rosenzweig EB, Brodie D, Bacchetta M. The "Central Sport Model": Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Using the Innominate Artery for Smaller Patients as Bridge to Lung Transplantation. ASAIO, August, 2016. (online first; in press)
- Zijlstra WMH, Douwes JM, Ploegstra MJ, Krishnan U, Roofthooft M, Hillege, HL, Dunbar DI, Rosenzweig EB, and Berger RM. Clinical classification in pediatric pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with heart disease. Pulm Circ. 2016 Sep;6(3):302-12.
- Agerstrand C, Abrams D, Biscotti M, Moroz L, Rosenzweig EB, D'Alton M, Brodie D, Bacchetta M. Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Cardiopulmonary Failure During Pregnancy and Postpartum. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016 Sep;102(3):774-9.
- Grunig G, Baghdassarian A, Park SH, Pylawka S, Bleck B, Reibman J, Berman-Rosenzweig E, Durmus N. Challenges and Current Efforts in the Development of Biomarkers for Chronic Inflammatory and Remodeling Conditions of the Lungs. Biomark Insights. 2016 Feb 16;10(Suppl 4):59-72.
- Berger RM, Haworth SG, Bonnet D, Dulac Y, Fraisse A, GaliÃ¨ N, Ivy DD, JaÃ¯s X, Miera O, Rosenzweig EB, Efficace M, Kusic-Pajic A, Beghetti M. FUTURE-2: Results from an open-label, long-term safety and tolerability extension study using the pediatric FormUlation of bosenTan in pUlmonary arterial hypeRtEnsion. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Jan 1;202:52-8.
- Gomberg-Maitland M, Rosenzweig EB. Using Registries to Understand Clinical Practice: A Lesson for Rare Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016 Mar 22;67(11):1324-6.
- Ploegstra W, Beghetti M, Rosenzweig EB. Berger R., Ivy D. Growth in children with pulmonary arterial hypertension: a longitudinal multi-registry study. Lancet Respir Med. 2016 Apr;4(4):281-90.
- Fuentes D, Rosenzweig EB, Garofano B. et al. "Predicting VO2 peak from Six Minute Walk Test in Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2016 May-Jun;36(3):203-8.
- Evans JD, Girerd B, Montani D, Wang XJ, GaliÃ¨ N, Austin ED, Elliott G, Asano K, GrÃ¼nig E, Yan Y, Jing ZC, Manes A, Palazzini M, Wheeler LA, Nakayama I, Satoh T, Eichstaedt C, Hinderhofer K, Wolf M, Rosenzweig EB, Chung WK, Soubrier F, Simonneau G, Sitbon O, GrÃ¤f S, Kaptoge S, Di Angelantonio E, Humbert M, Morrell NW.BMPR2 mutations and survival in pulmonary arterial hypertension: an individual participant data meta-analysis.Lancet Respir Med. 2016 Feb;4(2):129-37.
Guideline Writing Committees
Guideline Committee Member, CHEST. American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST) Guidelines for the pharmacologic management of adult pulmonary hypertension (2017-2018)
Guideline Committee Member, of AHA/ATS Assembly Project and Writing Group to establish evidence-based clinical guidelines for the Treatment of Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension. (2010-2015)
Guideline Writing Committee American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) Adult Pulmonary Hypertension guidelines (2012-2014)
Member of the Pulmonary Hypertension Pediatric Task force and Guideline Writing Committee. 5th World Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension, Nice, France 2013 (invited member) (2012-2013)
Guideline Committee Member, ATS Assembly Project to establish evidence-based clinical guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in Sickle Cell Disease (2009-2011)
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov