- Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC
Dr. Haythe graduated from Harvard University in 1995. She completed her medical school and residency training at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2003. After finishing a congestive-heart failure-cardiac transplant fellowship at Columbia in 2005 she went on to complete her fellowship training in cardiovascular diseases there in 2009.
She is currently an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology, Center for Advanced Cardiac Care at Columbia and Co-Director of the Women’s Center for Cardiovascular Health.
Dr. Haythe specializes in pulmonary hypertension, heart failure, and cardiac transplant. She has a special interest in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) and the care of pregnant women with cardiovascular diseases.
Education and Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
1. Lang CC. Karlin P. Haythe J. Lim TK. Mancini DM (2009) Peak cardiac power ouput, measured noninvasively, is a powerful predictor of outcome in chronic heart failure Circulation; Heart Failure 2(1):33-38
2. Almuti K. Haythe J. Dwyer E. Itescu S. Burke E. Green P. Marboe C. Mancini D. (2007) The changing pattern of humoral rejection in cardiac transplant recipients Transplantation 84(4):498-503
3. Almuti K. Haythe J. Tsao L. Naka Y. Mancini D. (2007) Does renal function deteriorate more rapidly in diabetic cardiac transplant recipients? Transplantation 83(5):550-53
4. Maurer MS. Raina A. Hesdorffer C. Bijou R. Colombo P. Deng M. Drusin R. Haythe J. Horn E. Lee SH. Marboe C. Naka Y. Schulman L. Scully B. Shapiro P. Prager K. Radhakrishnan J. Restaino S. Mancini D. (2007) Cardiac transplantation using extended-donor criteria organs for systemic amyloidosis complicated by heart failure. Transplantation 83(5):539-45
5. Lang CC. Karlin P. Haythe J. Tsao L. Mancini DM., (2007) Ease of noninvasive measurement of cardiac output coupled with peak VO2 determination at rest and during exercise in patients with heart failure. American Journal of Cardiology 99(3):404-5
6. Vahdat LT. Balmaceda C. Papadopoulos K. Frederick D. Donovan D. Sharpe E. Kaufman E. Savage D. Tiersten A. Nichols G. Haythe J. Troxel A. Antman K. Hesdorffer CS., (2002) Phase II trial of sequential high-dose chemotherapy with paclitaxel, melphalan and cyclophosphamide, thiotepa and carboplatin with peripheral blood progenitor support in women with responding metastatic breast cancer. Bone Marrow Transplantation 30(3):149-55
7. Lefkowitch JH. Haythe JH. Regent N., (2002) Kupffer cell aggregation and perivenular distribution in steatohepatitis. Modern Pathology 15(7):699-704
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov