- Professor of Medicine (in Surgery) at CUMC
Current Administrative Positions
- Medical Director, Adult Liver Transplant - Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation, CUMC
- Director of Clinical Hepatology
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-0914
- Internal Medicine
- Transplant Hepatology
Areas of Expertise
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Disease
- Liver Disease in HIV
- Liver Transplant
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Viral Hepatitis
Education and Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
CUMC/Presbyterian Hospital and Vanderbilt Clinic622 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Bronxville - 1 Pondfield Road Office1 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs Plan]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Capital District Physician Health Plan [Capital District Physician Health Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Elderplan [Medicare Managed Care]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth, Special Needs Plan]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- 2001–present Associate Medical Director, Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY
- 2001–present Assistant Professor of Medicine Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons New York, NY
- 2001–present Attending Physician NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Member Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons Academy of Clinical Excellence
- 2017 NYP Physician of the Year Award
- 2010 Ewig Clinical Scholar, Teaching Award Dept. of Medicine-Columbia University
- 2006 Nominee Columbia University Kimberg Faculty Teaching Award Nominee
- 2002 Nominee AMWA Gender Equity in Teaching Award
- 2001 UCSF Teaching Award for Outstanding Lecturer
- 1996 Robert Wood Johnson Minority Faculty Development Fellowship
- 1993 Alpha Omega Alpha Teaching Award, University of California at San Francisco
Original Peer Reviewed Articles
- Verna E, Shetty K, Lukose T, Terry N, Mentore K, Olsen, SK, Fox AN, Dove, LM, Brown RS. High Post-Transplant Virological Response in Hepatitis C Virus Infected Patients Treated with Pretransplant Protease Inhibitor-based Triple Therapy. Liver International. 35(2):510-,2015, Feb.
- Farr M, Mitchell J, Lippel M, Kato TS, Jin Z, Ippolito P, Dove L, Jorde UP, Takayama H, Emond J, Naka Y, Mancini D, Lefkowitch JH, Schulze PC. Combination of Liver biopsy with MELD-XI Scores for Post-Transplant Outcome Prediction in Patients with Advanced Heart Failure and Suspected Liver Dysfunction. J Heart Lung Transplant. 34(7): 873-82. 2015, Jul.
- Siegel AB, El-Khoueiry AB, Finn RS, Guthrie KA, Goyal A, Venook AP, Blanke CD, Verna EC, Dove, L, Emond J, Kato T, Samstein B, Busuttil R, Remotti H, Coffey A, Brown RS JR. Phase I Trial of Sorafenib following Liver Transplantation in Patients with High-Risk Hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Cancer. 4(2): 115-25.2013 March.
- Hsu CC, Goyal A, Iuga A, Krishnamurthy S, Lee V, Verna EC, Wang S, Chen FN, Rodriguez, R, Emond J, Berk P, Lefkowitch, J, Dove L, Brown RS Jr. Siegel AB. Elevated CA19-9 Is Associated with Increaed Mortality IN a Prospective Cohort Of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients. Clin Transl Gastreonterology.6: e74. 2015 Feb.
- Verna EC, Shetty K, Lukose T, Terry N, Mentore K, Olsen SK, Fox AN, Dove LM, Brown RS. High Post-Transplant Virological Response in Hepatitis C Virus Infected Patients Treated with PreTransplant Protease Inhibitor-Based Triple Therapy. Liver International 35(2):510-7,2015 Feb.
- Siegel AB, Conner K, Wang S, Jacobson JS, Hershman DL, Hidalgo R, Verna EC, Halazun K, Brubaker W, Zaretsky J, Moniodis A, Delgado-Cruzata L, Dove L, Emond J, Kato T, Brown RS Jr., Neugut A. Smoking and Hepatocellular Carcinoma Mortality. Exp Ther Med. 2012Jan; 3(1): 124-128.
- Siegel A, Lim EA. Wang S. Brubaker W, Rodriguez RD. Goyal A. Jacobson J. Hershman DL, Verna EC, Zaretsky, J, Halazun K, Dove L, Brown, RS Jr. Neugut A, Kato T, Remotti H, Coppleson Y, Emond JC. Diabetes, Body Mass Index and Outcomes in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients undergoing Liver Transplantation. Transplantation. 94(5): 539-42, 2012 Sep.
- Terrault N, Roland ME, Schiano T, Dove L, Wong MT, et al. Outcomes of Liver Transplant Recipients with Hepatitis C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Coinfection. Liver Transplantation. 18(6): 716-726, 2012, Jun.
- Talal A, Liu RC, Zeremski M, Dimova R, Dove L, Pearce D, Hassanein et al. Randomized Trial Comparing Dose Reduction and Growth Factor Supplementiaotn for Management of Hematological Side Effects in HIV/Hepatitis C virus Patients Receiving Pegylated-Interferon and Ribavirin. Jo Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 58 (3): 261-8, 2011 Nov. 1
- Subramanian A. Sulkowski M. Barin B. Stablein D. Curry M. Nissen N. Dove L. Roland M. Florman S. Blumberg E. Stosor V. Jayaweera DT. Huprikar S. Fung J. Pruett T. Stock P. Ragni M. MELD Score is an Important Predictor of Pre-transplantation Mortality in HIV-Infected Liver Transplant Candidates. Gastroenterology. 138(1): 159-64, 2010 Jan.
- Coffin CS. Stock PG. Dove LM. Berg CL. Nissen NN. Curry MP. Ragni M. Regenstein FG. Sherman KE. Roland ME. Terrault NA. Virologic and Clinical Outcomes of Hepatitis B virus Infection in HIV-HBV Coinfected Transplant Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation. 10(5): 1268-75, 2010 May.
- Siegel AB. Wang S. Jacobson JS. Hershman DL. Lim EA. Yu J. Ferrante L. Devaraj KM. Remotti H. Scrudato S. Halazun K. Emond J. Dove L. Brown RS Jr. Neugut AI. Obesity and Microvascular Invasion in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cancer Investigation. 28(10): 1063-9, 2010 Dec.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov